Wednesday, December 26, 2007

up at dawn


I awoke today around dawn. The house very still. Only the cats and I were awake. The sky outside was clear (better than the rain forecasted a few days ago) and the view was long. I let it's peace get into me.

I intended to get to work on my blog and did sit down at the computer...but it's taken about an hour and a quarter to actually get to the writing. So much to distract. I hope to squeeze a few fine words out before everyone comes up to visit me.

There was a time when I was more devoted to my writing. And then I got distracted by homeschooling. It is a total concentration occupation for me and I am continuously trying to get into a rhythm that allows space for me, creativity, randomness, quiet, and oh, did I mention sleep?

So, now, at 8:30 am, they stir and I feel a sense of urgency. What can I say? It's not flowing? What can I squeeze out? Where is my muse? They're stirring. They're awake! I don't want to let go of my writing time. I don't want to wait until tomorrow to find more time! Must press publish. Must press publish. Must press publish...

No comments: